We ask that parents assist in the set-up and break-down of testing.
You need to give a one week notice if you will be missing any practice dates. If you miss practices, you will be bumped from your skit and you risk being dismissed from the team. If you miss any red dates, you will be dropped from the team.
Remember, you are on a team, and skits are earned through time and ranking. Do not lose your position on the team. If you need to be excused for several months from the team, you will need to work towards earning back your position. Position = Skit difficulty
How do I earn a main floor position: (Top Billing)
1) Practice Frequently.
2) Memory and retention of material is very important.
3) Try to master your learned weapons.
4) Be a self-starter and hone your learned skits.
5) Maintain top school grades.
6) Work on your flexibility.
7) Work on shyness.
8) Show leadership skills.
9) Set a good example to all students.
10) Listen to your masters & instructors
11) Make the Team your priority; don't miss practices.
12) Demonstration team practice comes before any other team activity.
13) Do not be late to practices. (You may be asked to leave if you are late)
14) Parental support on set up and clean up at demonstrations and testings.
15) Support your team.
If you can't show or behave like you can handle the new material, you will not have a main part until you develop or improve those needed skills.
Note: Parents/Adults- do not ask or demand that the instructor place you or your child on center stage or ask for harder material. We are the professionals, and ATC takes our competition team practices seriously.
Note: We will not tolerate with any comments, threats or disrespect towards other team members. This will cause you to be removed from the demonstration team. (read example)
Example: My son/daughter wants to learn another weapon or a harder trick because he/she is bored, and he/she will "quit" the team.
ATC Definition - the child is not serious, or the parents think their child is at a higher level than the student actually is. The reality is the child has not become proficient or shown he/she can handle or have the responsibility to learn more skills.
If you cannot make any practices please contact your team captain ASAP:
Email: (messages can be left)
CLICK HERE: DEMO TEAM AGREEMENT